We’re back with another episode of PayPod! We’ve spent a lot of time talking about Bitcoin in recent episodes, and covered how it can achieve mainstream adoption and impact the world of payments. While that’s all great, there are a tremendous amount of cryptocurrencies outside of Bitcoin, and in this episode we cover some of the most popular ones.
Helping Scott explore this is Michael Laake of the Crypto Basic Podcast. Michael was introduced to the world of cryptocurrencies through the world of professional Poker. From there, he began learning all he could and has much to share
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What led Michael into the world of cryptocurrencies.
- What the top cryptocurrencies, outside of Bitcoin, are.
- Michael’s thoughts on the future of crypto and payments.
- Michael’s fantastic analogy for understanding what separates the different cryptocurrencies and their underlying technology.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Michael Laake: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with and Listen to the Crypto Basic Podcast: Twitter | Facebook | iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Payments Industry Spotlight: Crypto Basic Podcast
“The CryptoBasic Podcast is an educational, honest, and entertaining exploration of the fascinating world of cryptocurrencies. Join hosts Brent Philbin, Karim Baruque, and Michael Laake as they explore concepts and cryptos such as Bitcoin, NEO, Ethereum, Litecoin, Blockchain, Cardano and much more. How does Bitcoin actually work? Should I use Coinbase or Bittrex? What in the world is an ICO? Listen to our 101 episodes on each topic for an in-depth, beginner friendly discussion to find out. Join this trio of professional poker players and lifelong friends as they learn, teach, and joke their way into serious crypto knowledge.”