The Best Merchant Account For Hard To Place & High Risk Businesses In The Fitness Industry
- Instant Online Quote. When you submit your application, you’ll get an instant price quote to DocuSign. No offline paperwork, no faxes, no waiting.
- Industry Minimum Pricing. You will automatically receive Industry Minimum Pricing in your online quote. No more frustrating haggling with sales reps.
- USA-Based Customer Support. When you call or email, you’ll always speak to our friendly support team, based in Houston, TX.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of gym and fitness industry businesses do you accept?
Soar Payments accepts a wide range of gym and fitness industry businesses. These include personal trainers, all-purpose gyms, fitness centers, recreation clubs, health clubs, yoga studios, dance studios, gymnastics gyms, CrossFit boxes, and Zumba and “bootcamp” type studios. Merchants may also be trainers or coaches who work as independent contractors, including strength and agility coaches, as well as specialists who help athletes in individual sports (e.g., baseball, football, soccer, basketball, tennis, golf, dancing, etc.)
To be approved, your fitness business must prove it can maintain a chargeback ratio below 2%. Applicants with a history of chargeback ratios exceeding 3% cannot be approved. Additionally, your business must be located, and operate, solely within the United States of America. The business owner must also be a US citizen or valid visa holder.
Does a Soar Payments merchant account allow for recurring monthly membership payments? What about multi-class “packs” or packages?
We understand that most gyms and fitness businesses process recurring payments for their membership agreements. A Soar Payments merchant account will support recurring membership payments, provided that the initial contract terms is 12 or fewer months (before renewal). Additionally, applications may be asked to provide a copy of their standard contract or membership agreement, plus pricing information for each membership option.
Additionally, many personal trainers and specialists (e.g. yoga instructors) provide “packages” of multiple one-on-one sessions, typically priced in the hundreds or even low thousands of dollars. These high ticket transactions are also allowable within a Soar Payments merchant account, however note that you will be asked to provide your largest typical ticket size during the application process.
What types of gyms fitness merchant accounts does Soar Payments offer?
Soar Payments offers a full-spectrum of merchant services to gyms, personal trainers, and dance / yoga / fitness studios. These include:
- Retail: A retail merchant account enables businesses to accept face-to-face debit and credit card payments via a traditional credit card machine or point of sale system.
- Mobile: A mobile merchant account enables your business to accept face-to-face credit and debit card payments via a swiper (included with each account) that plugs into your mobile phone or iPad.
- Virtual Terminal: Also called a payment gateway merchant account, a virtual terminal enables businesses to accept payments over the phone, via mail, or typed into a computer (without needing other equipment).
- eCommerce: An eCommerce merchant account allows you to accept credit card payments via your website’s online shopping cart.
How Does The Application Process Work?
Step 1. Apply Online
Complete the online application process (it takes 5 minutes). Click here to begin.
Step 2. Get An Instant Quote
You’ll instantly receive a quote with Industry Minimum Pricing to DocuSign.
Step 3. Start Accepting Payments
Our Houston based Customer Support Team will help you get set up, fast and easily.
Our friendly Customer Support Team is standing by to approve your application:
Application Secured By SSL Technology.