We’ve done a lot of shows on bitcoin and the blockchain and covered a lot of theory, but at the merchant level… the “boots on the ground payments level” we want to know how adoption and implementation is going. On this latest episode we do just that, as Scott is joined by Craig Rudes, who is working to get more merchants to start accepting cryptocurrencies.
Craig is the founder of Long Island Blockchain Council, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support the understanding and adoption of blockchain technology and the ability of blockchain technology to build a globally accessible, transparent and trustworthy Internet.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What bitpay is, and how it’s allowing merchants to accept cryptocurrency payments for goods and services.
- What the business value is for merchants accepting cryptocurrency.
- How tech solutions are working to solve volatility issues with crypto.
- Craig’s thoughts on payments, crypto, and how the Long Island Blockchain Council is working to help businesses drive blockchain technology forward.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Craig Rudes: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Long Island Blockchain Council: Facebook
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Payments Industry Spotlight: Long Island Blockchain Council
Long Island Blockchain Council is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and support the understanding and adoption of blockchain technology and the ability of blockchain technology to build a globally accessible, transparent and trustworthy Internet. The LIBC hosts on-site events in its local community of Long Island, New York as well as virtual calls for members not located nearby. LIBC brings together a community of technologists and entrepreneurs eager to learn about this rapidly changing and disruptive technology.