When it comes to banking, finance, and the greater world of fintech… digital security and identity protection are crucial. However, it’s not enough just to provide security… reducing friction and encouraging consumer adoption should also be a focus. Fortunately, when leading organizations join together to pursue these goals, fantastic results are almost inevitable.
On this show Scott discusses the revolutionary new digital ID service in Canada offered by SecureKey, which is called Verified.Me. He is joined by Greg Wolfond (CEO of SecureKey), Stevan Lewis (SVP Digital Transformation at Sun Life Financial) and Franklin Garrigues (VP Digital Channel at TD)… all who have unique perspectives on the world of digital identification, and why their organizations have made it a priority.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- Why identity verification is so crucial when it comes to financial services, banking, and beyond.
- How Verified.Me works at a high level and changes the game when it comes to digital ID.
- Why organizations like TD and Sun Life Financial wanted to be early adopters of this new technology.
- The philosophical approach to privacy and security that drives SecureKey, TD, and Sun Life Financial as organizations.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Greg Wolfond: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with SecureKey: Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Stevan Lewis: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Sun Life Financial: Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Franklin Garrigues: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with TD Bank: Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Industry Spotlight: Verified.Me
Verified.Me, by SecureKey Technologies Inc., is a new Canadian service to help you verify your identity, so you can get things done fast online, in person and on the phone. Verified.Me helps you verify your identity quickly and securely from any iOS or Android smartphone, using personal information that you consent to share from your Connections, such as your financial institution. You always stay in control by choosing when to share your information and with whom, reducing unnecessary oversharing of personal information in order to access the services you want. The Verified.Me service is protected with strong security protocols to protect personal information from being identified, accessed or misused. Verified.Me uses blockchain technology to securely and privately transfer your personal information to trusted network participants, giving you easy access to the services you want, when you want them.
Industry Spotlight: Sun Life Financial
Sun Life is a leading international financial services organization providing insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individual and corporate Clients around the globe. Focused on innovation, digital solutions and Client experience, Sun Life boasts the #1 rated mobile app among financial institutions in Canada, as well as industry-firsts including its interactive digital coach, Ella and newly launched healthcare network Lumino Health.
Industry Spotlight: TD Bank
TD Bank Group (TD) is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 26 million customers in financial centres around the globe. TD also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with more than 13 million digital customers and 1.1 billion total digital transactions per year in North America. TD has the highest digital reach of any bank in Canada, the US, the UK, France and Spain (ComScore) and the Bank’s mobile app ranks #1 among Canadian bank apps (App Annie).