There’s no question that fintech has revolutionized the world, and continues to do so each and every day… But what’s the real history of this revolution? Who are some of the most influential individuals behind the scenes?
The show this week is all about this revolution. Helping us explore it is our guest, Daniel P. Simon, CEO of Vested, a global financial communications firm. In his forthcoming book, The Money Hackers: How A Group Of Misfits Took On Wallstreet and Changed Finance Forever Dan reveals the dramatic story of fintech’s major players and explores how fintech is transforming money itself.
The Money Hackers focuses on some of fintech’s most powerful disruptors such as Credit Karma, Venmo, Braintree, WeChat, WorldRemit, and more, and uses their incredible stories to explain not just how the technology works, but how the thinking behind the technology, ideas like friction, hedonic adaptation, democratization, and disintermediation, is having a drastic effect on the entire banking and finance industry.
Listen in to discover where fintech has come from, and where it might be headed!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Who some of the “misfits” who took on Wall Street are and how they did it.
- How innovations like cryptocurrency are transforming money itself, and what that means for the future of finance.
- What critical pain points fintech is still grappling with today.
- Dan’s thoughts on the present and future of fintech and payments.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Daniel P. Simon: LinkedIn
- Get The Book: The Money Hackers: How a Group of Misfits Took on Wall Street and Changed Finance Forever
- Connect with Vested: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: The Money Hackers: How a Group of Misfits Took on Wall Street and Changed Finance Forever
“Whether you’ve heard of fintech or not, it’s already changing your life. Have you ever “Venmoed” someone? Do you think of investing in Bitcoin–even though you can’t quite explain what it is? If you’ve deposited a check using your iPhone, that’s fintech. And if you’ve gone to a bank branch and discovered it has been closed and shuttered for good, odds are that’s because of fintech too.
The Money Hackers focuses on some of fintech’s most powerful disruptors–a ragtag collection of financial outsiders and savants–and uses their incredible stories to explain not just how the technology works, but how the Silicon Valley thinking behind the technology, ideas like friction, hedonic adaptation, democratization, and disintermediation, is having a drastic effect on the entire banking and finance industry. The Money Hackers tells the fascinating story of fintech–how it began, and where it is likely taking us.”