Whether you’re a founder, or a professional working for a startup in the payments and fintech world at any stage… venture capitalist (VC) investment could have a tremendous impact on your organization.
Furthermore from the VC investor’s side, there are great opportunities in focusing on the fintech space. On this episode, Billy Libby, CEO of Upper90 joins the show to discuss VC interest in fintech. Upper90 is a hybrid venture fund that provides founder-friendly credit and equity to disruptor brands.
Billy has a tremendous amount of experience in the VC world, so listen along for some key insights.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Why fintechs stand out when compared to many other companies looking for VC funding.
- How some innovative companies are leveraging VC investment and financial technology to achieve unique growth.
- Billy’s thoughts on the power of data usage for fintechs offering products and services.
- The story behind Upper90, and what Billy sees in the future for fintechs, payments, and beyond.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Billy Libby: LinkedIn
- Connect with Upper90: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Upper90
Upper90 is a hybrid fund that provides founder-friendly credit and equity to top disruptors in e-commerce, enterprise and fintech. The firm has over $400 million in AUM and $700 million in total originations since launching in 2018. It was started to fill the white space between venture capital and institutional credit by utilizing data to offer founders minimally-dilutive growth capital. It was borne from the vision of Billy Libby, CEO (Head of Quant Execution Sales, Goldman Sachs and active Fintech investor), entrepreneur Jason Finger, Chairman (Co-Founder/CEO, Seamless (NYSE: GRUB), Board Director, LiveAuctioneers, Freshly, GoSite), and Alex Urdea, CIO (Managing Director, Solus Alternative Asset Management, Credit Derivatives, Deutsche Bank). Upper90’s portfolio includes Thrasio, Clearbanc, Octane Lending, Filmrise, Crusoe Energy and Braavo Capital.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Bitcoin Kiosks With Neil Bergquist Of Coinme July 22, 2021
- Delivering On Crypto’s Democratization Promise With Sheldon Gilbert Of Kura Labs July 19, 2021
- The Keys To Credit Union Success With Dr. David Tuyo Of UCU July 13, 2021
- DeFi And Digital Banking With Jason Blick of EQIBank July 8, 2021
- Securing Digital Customer Journeys With Sameer Hajarnis of OneSpan June 30, 2021