Though they may not be mega banks on the global stage… credit unions built around community still have an important role to play in driving financial services and technology forward. Yet, competition from banks (including online banks) for members remains significant.
On this episode, our discussion centers around what it takes for credit unions to grow and thrive in this tech-driven environment. Our guest is Kirk Drake, President and Founder of Credit Union 2.0, a company dedicated to helping credit unions with branding, marketing, and growth. He’s also the author of CU 2.0: A Guide for Credit Unions Competing in the Digital Age.
Kirk is a lifelong entrepreneur. After founding a high school bank, he created and founded eight more successful businesses. Each new business increasingly focused on the technological side of finance. From disaster recovery, to cybersecurity, to developing a digital wallet, to establishing inbound marketing in the financial market, Kirk has done quite a bit. And, though he hasn’t yet done it all, he’s working on it.
Listen along as Kirk offers some critical insights into credit union growth strategies.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- What some of the most notable growth challenges for credit unions are.
- How credit unions can overcome growth challenges and appeal to new members.
- Why branding is crucial for any financial organization.
- How fintech partnerships can play a crucial role in the success of credit unions.
- Kirk’s thoughts on financial marketing, fintech, and the future of credit unions.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Kirk Drake: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Credit Union 2.0: LinkedIn | Facebook | Podcast
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: CU 2.0
CU 2.0 is a consultancy group that specializes in connecting fintechs to credit unions through digital transformation, mastermind groups, coaching, and strategic influencer work. CU 2.0 has launched over 50 fintechs into the credit union space, authored two books—Credit Union 2.0 and FinAncIal—spoken at hundreds of credit union events, and facilitated numerous planning sessions and strategy sessions for credit unions.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Leadership Insights for Technology Executives with Jahn Karsybaev of MyBasePay April 13, 2021
- Credit Union Growth Strategies with Kirk Drake of CU 2.0 April 6, 2021
- Exploring KYC and AML with Ian Henderson of Kyckr March 31, 2021
- The Payments Landscape in India with Nitya Sharma of Simpl March 26, 2021
- The Future of Payment Technology with Patricia Montesi of Qolo March 24, 2021