How data is leveraged to create mathematical models impacts many industries, particularly those such as finance and insurance.
As technology improves, the possibilities for fintech applications are nearly endless. Amrit Santhirasenan, Co-founder and CEO of Hyperexponential, as well as host of the Startup Dads Podcast joins to explore.
Listen along for his unique insights on mathematical modeling systems and their applications to finance and beyond!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind the Startup Dad’s Podcast, and the keys to balancing fatherhood with an entrepreneurial lifestyle.
- How insurance pricing modeling has traditionally worked, and what its weaknesses are.
- The story behind hyperexponential, and how they leverage technology to rapidly improve the way insurance is priced and beyond.
- Why “open-source” such a powerful and important technology, particularly as we consider SaaS tools being developed for payments and financial data.
- Amrit’s thoughts on the future of fintech.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Amrit Santhirasenan: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with hyperexponential (hx): LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Show Hub
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Hyperexponential
hyperexponential (hx) is a cutting-edge fintech startup that is transforming the world of insurance. The idea for hx was borne out of Amrit’s frustration with the software available to actuaries in the task of modelling, analysis and making difficult judgements with little data. The hx founders developed innovative software, combining practical actuarial pricing experience with first-class software engineering expertise, to help solve some of the biggest pricing problems facing the speciality insurance market. Due to its growing success, the startup is currently closing its Series A funding round.
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: The Startup Dads Podcast
The Startup Dads podcast focuses on the trials and tribulations of running a business whilst raising children. Amrit Santhirasenan, the CEO of hx and the father of a young daughter, started the podcast because he noticed that he was regularly taking lessons from one journey to apply to the other. Since launching in January the series has featured partners from Deloitte, execs from Google, and a number of VCs and founders from exciting startups, all discussing with Amrit their observations as business leaders and devoted parents alike.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- The Money Habits of Gen Z and Gen Alpha With Dean Brauer of gohenry June 17, 2021
- Optimizing Credit Card Spending with John Taylor Garner of Card Curator June 15, 2021
- Global Payroll Management with Fidelma McGuirk of Payslip June 9, 2021
- Meeting Digital Banking Needs with Eric Solis of MovoCash May 31, 2021
- Extended Warranties and eCommerce With Woody Levin of Extend May 26, 2021