Welcome to another episode of PayPod: The Payments Industry Podcast! This week, we’re finally dedicating a whole episode to a topic that has had people in payments and FinTech buzzing for a while… cryptocurrencies. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard about Bitcoin, the most famous cryptocurrency. But do you truly understand how cryptocurrencies work? Furthermore, do you know what the future holds for them… will they change the financial world as we know it and achieve widespread adoption among consumers and businesses?
Our guest this week is Will Salisbury, co-founder of Blockchain Decrypted, which is a site dedicated to staying up to date with the latest in cryptocurrency and blockchain news. Will also trades cryptocurrencies full time, so we couldn’t think of a better guest to give a bit of a 101 course. Listen in as Scott and Will serve up a primer on crypto!
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What exactly cryptocurrencies are, and how they work via underlying blockchain technology and crypto mining.
- Why payments industry professionals should be aware of cryptos… and why Will thinks they will achieve widespread adoption as a payment method.
- Which cryptos Will thinks are worth following… aside from the most famous cryptocurrency, Bitcoin.
- Why governments and businesses should keep an eye on (and will continue to validate) cryptocurrencies as viable currency.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Will and Blockchain Decrypted: Facebook | Twitter | Podcast
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Small Business Organization of the Week: PANO
This week we’re happy to award Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations or PANO.
PANO is the statewide membership organization serving and advancing the nonprofit sector through advocacy, collaboration, education and other services in order to improve the overall quality of life in Pennsylvania. PANO exists to support the incredible work of the nonprofit sector and highlight the critical role nonprofits serve. They’re passionate that by coming together and recognizing PA nonprofits collective value, Pennsylvania communities and the power to do good will thrive.
Their core values are:
- Collaboration: They work as a team, internally and externally.
- Courage: They try new things boldly—viewing “failures” as learning opportunities.
- Curiosity: They ask good questions and listen well.
- Equity and Inclusion: They seek to engage all people and organizations in their work.
- Impact: They focus on results that matter.
- Integrity: They build trust by doing what we say they will do.
- Responsiveness and Flexibility: They meet people where they are.
- Vision-Focused Decision Making: They start decision making with the end goal in mind.
Obviously this is important work helping not only citizens but small businesses too. So they are well deserving of recognition!
If you’d like to learn more, feel free to connect with them via Facebook