On this episode we’re back to chatting about Bitcoin, but we’re going to focus in on something we’ve touched on before in other bitcoin episodes, but really deserves a lot of attention because of its potential in the payments industry… The Lightning Network. Scott is joined by Bryan Aulds, who is a “an economics and finance junky with a penchant for libertarian theory” He’s part of the Unhashed Podcast which is all about bitcoin, and he co-founded a business which sells a backup wallet for cryptocurrency keys, called Billfodl.
Needless to say, Bryan had a lot to share! Scott and Bryan explore much in this episode, and focus on how the Lightening Network offers a tremendous amount of potential when it comes to payments.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What the Lightning Network is and how it works as an alternative to traditional payment methods.
- How the Lightning Network’s design makes the community the primary mechanism for filtering out fraud and keeping transaction costs competitive.
- What the future of Bitcoin may look like.
- What Billfodl is all about, and why having a secure wallet for private keys is so important for anyone owning a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Bryan Aulds: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Listen to and Connect With The “Unhashed Podcast”: iTunes | Spotify | Libsyn
- Connect with Billfodl: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Buy on Amazon
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments Industry Spotlight: The Unhashed Podcast
Expect to be both entertained and educated about cryptocurrencies and blockchain when listening to this show. The Unhashed Podcast focuses on bringing Bitcoin down to earth and cut through all the Blockchain noise by breaking down the latest in Bitcoin news and developments and puts them into terms everyone can understand.
Each week the hosts and their guests discuss the latest news and events in an effort to explain the technology that underlies Bitcoin and other open Blockchains in way that is accessible but most importantly fun! How do hardware wallets work and do they really keep you safe? Which crypto exchanges pose the greatest risk to the bitcoin ecosystem? Does Litecoin help or hinder bitcoin development? Expect the answers to these and many other questions from the Unhashed professionals offering different perspectives to all the blockchain issues you care about!