Welcome to another episode of PayPod: The Payments Industry Podcast! On this episode we’re talking about a piece of payments technology developed by the technological juggernaut that is Apple Computer…. Apple Pay. Contactless payments systems are revolutionizing the payments industry. Forget swiping, chip readers, or dinosaurs like cash and checks. Now, it’s just a matter of tapping something with your phone.
But what’s Apple Pay really all about? How is adoption going? Where is Apple Pay expanding to? Our guest this week is Jason Snell, who is a long time tech writer and podcast host, who is the senior editor for Six Colors, a site all about Apple and other technology companies. He had a tremendous amount to share about Apple Pay and the tech giant behind it.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- Why Apple developed Apple Pay and how it fits into their product ecosystem.
- What Apple’s expansion strategy is for Apple Pay outside of the us.
- How adoption of Apple Pay is going, and what are the keys to getting consumers and merchants on board.
- Jason’s thoughts on where Apple is as a company now, and how Tim Cook is doing as CEO.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jason Snell: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with Six Colors: Twitter | ‘Upgrade’ Podcast | ‘The Incomparable’ Podcast
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Payments Industry Spotlight: Six Colors
Six Colors provides daily coverage of Apple, other technology companies, and the intersection of technology and culture. Its founder and editor in chief is Jason Snell. With articles and podcasts covering all aspects of the tech giant that is Apple Computer, and other tech businesses… it’s a go to resource for anyone wanting to know about the latest and greatest products and happenings with the company and beyond.