This week, we’re diving headlong into a topic which is important to many payments professionals and merchants (specifically eCommerce merchants) alike… digital transaction authentication. Understanding how transactions are secured, and the modern tools available to combat fraud, while lowering false declines is key.
Scott is joined by Kevin Crockett, Senior Director of Global Client Services at CardinalCommerce. CardinalCommerce is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions and operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What Cardinal does, and how it connects to the rest of the payments processing industry.
- Why EMV is more secure in person, but can increase fraud risk in Card-Not-Present transactions.
- How 3-D Secure technology helps authenticate cardholder identity and reduce fraud.
- Why false declines are such an issue, and how CardinalCommerce’s solutions help to combat them.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Kevin Crockett: LinkedIn
- Connect with CardinalCommerce: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments Industry Spotlight: CardinalCommerce
Since their inception, CardinalCommerce has been a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. Today, they operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa and remain focused on delivering the best authentication experience in the world through the Cardinal Authentication Network, which allows merchants and issuers to reduce fraud and false declines, while providing a superior consumer experience.
Cardinal adopted 3-D Secure (3DS) in the early 2000s, becoming one of the first providers to do so and they are still singularly focused on authentication. The Cardinal Authentication Network enables 3DS and all the network programs that are tied to the protocols. Through continued and constant innovation, Cardinal has been able to set new milestones with EMV® 3-D Secure (also known as 3-D Secure 2.0). Visit www.CardinalCommerce.comfor more information.