These days any business can rest assured that consumers enjoy loyalty rewards programs and the convenience of mobile apps and payment options. The trouble is, there are countless loyalty rewards programs out there which can be difficult to manage. As for mobile payments, in some places (specifically the US), adoption has been slow going.
Fortunately there are companies leading the charge to simplify the consumer experience when it comes to rewards while pushing mobile payments forward. Our guest this week had so much to share on this topic. Listen in as Scott is joined by Bryan Leach who is the CEO of Ibotta, a company (and mobile app) tackling rewards and mobile payments head on with a recently launched rewarded payments platform!
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- How Ibotta was started, and Bryan’s entrepreneurial journey.
- How Ibotta works, and why it’s changing the loyalty rewards and mobile payments space.
- Bryan’s thoughts on the mobile payments world today, including the status of US consumer adoption of newer payment methods.
- What the future holds for Ibotta and mobile payments in general.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Bryan Leach: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Ibotta: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Download the Ibotta App: iOS | Android
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play
Industry Spotlight: Ibotta
Headquartered in Denver, CO, free mobile shopping app Ibotta (“I bought a…”) has delivered more than $500 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users on groceries, clothing, electronics, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, hotel rooms and more. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 30 million downloads, and is one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States, offering cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta also debuted on the Inc. 5000 list as one of 2018’s fastest growing private companies, and was named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2017.