Sometimes there’s a need that can only be met when technology and innovation come together at the right time. On this episode, we talk about one fintech industry that has grown by leaps and bounds… marketplace lending, or P2P lending.
Our guest today is Peter Renton, who is the founder of Lend Academy and Co-Founder of the LendIt Fintech Conference. Lend Academy the leading news and educational resource for the marketplace lending industry and has been instrumental in bringing businesses and professionals in the space together for almost a decade. Peter joined Scott to discuss the ins and outs of the industry, where he and his organizations fit into it all, and more.
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- What marketplace lending is, and why it’s so important.
- Peter’s “state of the union” thoughts on the world of fintech, and specifically marketplace lending, today.
- Why digital banking may be gaining traction slower than some would like, but is still where the banking industry is headed.
- Why technology is so powerful when applied to financial spaces… and what Peter sees in the future of marketplace lending.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Peter Renton: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Lend Academy: LinkedIn | Facebook
- Connect with the LendIt Fintech Conference: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play
Industry Spotlight: Lend Academy
In Lend Academy’s own words… “We believe that p2p lending makes the world a better place, and that everyone should participate. Our mission is twofold:
- We teach people everywhere about p2p lending.
- We make it easy for people to invest in creditworthy people and businesses around the world.
We created Lend Academy Investments because our readers at Lendacademy.com asked for it. Many people love the idea of p2p lending but find it difficult and time consuming to execute their investment strategies. Individual investors deserve a professional money manager that lives and breathes p2p, especially now with the flood of Wall Street investors crowding the marketplace.
Lend Academy Investments is a registered investment adviser that offers investment solutions to individual investors. Lend Academy has offices in New York and Denver and is run by Bo Brustkern, Jason Jones, and Peter Renton.
Industry Spotlight: LendIt Fintech Conference
“LendIt Fintech is the world’s largest event series dedicated to connecting the entire fintech community, including the lending, digital banking and blockchain segments. Our conferences bring together leading fintech innovators, banks, investors, enterprise technology platforms, and service providers to share the latest trends and facilitate networking.
LendIt Fintech hosts three conferences annually: LendIt Fintech USA, LendIt Fintech Europe, and LendIt Fintech China, and dozens of complementary online and in-person events. LendIt also owns and operates one of the world’s leading industry educational channels, Lend Academy.”