On this episode we’re talking all about credit cards from the consumer side, with a special focus on travel rewards. Scott is joined by Jason Steele, who is a journalist and a nationally recognized expert on the subjects of credit and credit cards. Jason’s work has been featured at mainstream outlets such as Yahoo! Finance, MSN Money, and Business Insider.
Jason’s also well known within the community of travel rewards enthusiasts as the Senior Points and Miles Contributor for The Points Guy and other outlets on the subjects of airline rewards and family travel. Lastly, he also produces the CardCon conference, where many of the experts in the credit card journalism and blogging space gather.
Simply put, Jason has excellent perspective to provide on all things credit cards. Listen along below!
Payments Industry Insights In This Episode:
- How Jason got his start as a credit card journalist and what the landscape of credit card industry reporting is like.
- Why business owners who don’t think it’s worth paying merchant fees to accept credit cards are being shortsighted.
- Jason’s advice on maximizing credit card rewards, specifically travel rewards.
- What the future holds for credit cards, including both issuer trends and consumer behavior.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jason Steele: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments Industry Spotlight: CardCon
CardCon is The Conference for Credit and Credit Card Media and will be held at the Washington DC Hilton DuPont Circle on September 8-10th, 2019. Now in its third year, this annual event brings together over 100 journalists, writers and other content creators that cover the credit card and consumer credit industries. The content focuses on credit cards, consumer credit and affiliate marketing.