Achieving mainstream adoption for commerce is one of the biggest challenges cryptocurrencies face according to many. On this show, we discuss this and cover a company that is leading the charge for allowing consumers to use cryptocurrencies to buy real world products and services… with a little help from gift cards.
Our guest is Sergej Kotliar, who is CEO of Bitrefill, a company that allows people to turn their crypto into gift cards, prepaid phone cards, and more. Bitrefill allows consumers to exchange their digital currency for gift cards from companies located all over the world. Furthermore, Bitrefill is now working to develop networks for cryptocurrency exchange as well. Listen in for Sergej’s excellent perspective on the world of cryptocurrency and commerce!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Bitefill, and how it works.
- What Bitrefill does to help address the volatility issues with crypto prices to protect both themselves and consumers.
- Sergej’s philosophy on growing Bitrefill, and why they only accept cryptocurrencies that can meet certain criteria..
- Sergej’s thoughts on the present and future of cryptocurrencies and payments.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Sergej Kotliar: LinkedIn| Twitter
- Connect with Bitrefill: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Crunchbase
- Learn More About the Lightning Network: PayPod Podcast Episode 18 with Stephan Livera
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Bitrefill
“Bitrefill provides digital gift cards & mobile airtime refills to 170 countries using cutting-edge Bitcoin technologies.
We offer an evolving shopping platform with innovative cryptocurrency payment options, including the latest Lightning Network technology.
The Bitrefill team consists of experienced entrepreneurs, Bitcoin experts, lawyers and IT specialists.”