On this show, we take a look at the state of payments and fintech as we begin a new year. 2019 was a great year for innovation in these industries, with many businesses and organizations taking big steps forward…. but what the future holds is truly exciting.
We are joined by another podcast host and fintech professional by the name of Jason Pereira. Jason started in the industry at age 17 as a co-op student at a bank-owned brokerage, and today he is a Financial Planner, Entrepreneur, Writer, Broadcaster, Podcaster and Professor.
Currently he is Partner and Senior Financial Consultant and Woodgate Financial Partners and IPC Securities Corp. Furthermore, he’s the host of the Fintech Impact Podcast, one of the top rated podcasts on Fintech In the world.
Listen in to hear his experienced and nuanced perspectives on where fintech is today, and where it’s going in the coming year, and beyond.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The importance of, and what companies are doing regarding, friction reduction in payments and banking.
- Why neobanks are so powerful, and how adoption is going (spoiler alert: very well).
- What the promise, and the reality, of blockchain is.
- Jason’s thoughts when looking back on 2019 in payments and fintech… and the future.
- With a whole bunch more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jason Pereira: LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
- Listen to The Fintech Impact Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | SoundCloud
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: The Fintech Impact Podcast
Fintech Impact is an exploration of the fintech world where we interview different fintech entrepreneurs about what they do, their story, and what their impact is on consumers, incumbents, and the industry is as a whole.
The show is hosted by Jason Pereira, Partner Senior Financial Consultant and Woodgate Financial Partners and IPC Securities Corp. Jason is a Part-time Professor at the Schulich School of Business, former Advisor.ca columnist and current Globe Advisor columnist, Co-founder of two technology start-ups, and holds 2 degrees and 9 designations including an MBA, CFA, CFP in Canada & the US, RFP, and TEP. Jason is considered one of Canada thought leaders in Finacial Planning, Practice Management, and Fintech.