Opportunity Zones and Fintechs with Jimmy Atkinson of OZ Pros
If you’re an entrepreneur with a maybe a new fintech idea, or you’re looking to start some other kind of business… it can be challenging to attract investors and cut through the noise even if you’ve got a fantastic idea and business plan. If you’re an investor, it can be challenging to deal with tax bills when your investments pay off. Capital gains tax liabilities are no joke.
But what if there was a vehicle to help investors save money on their tax bills, help entrepreneurs attract more investors, AND incentivize economic development in areas that need it most? What if the next great fintech could be a better investment opportunity than anyone could imagine?
This is where Opportunity Zones come in. Helping break all of this down is our guest, Jimmy Atkinson. Jimmy is the founder and host of the Opportunity Zones Podcast, a show which features discussions with thought leaders across business, financial, and even government sectors relating to the topic. Jimmy is also founder of the Opportunity Zones Database, and most recently co-founder of OZ Pros, a business that helps folks navigate the Opportunity Zone Fund and Business creation process.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode
- What exactly opportunity zones are.
- How opportunity zones present an interesting prospect for fintech or payments investors and owners.
- What circumstances make starting a business in an opportunity zone a prudent, or imprudent decision.
- Jimmy’s thoughts on the present and future of fintech, payments, and opportunity zones.
- With much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with Jimmy Atkinson: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Learn More About Opportunity Zones at the Opportunity Zone Database: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
OZ Pros offers easy and affordable Qualified Opportunity Fund (QOF) and Qualified Opportunity Zone Business (QOZB) entity formation services. To date, OZ Pros has helped form over 50 Opportunity Zone entities. Learn more at OZPros.com.