Have you ever sent money to someone abroad? Or have you ever worked in a company that had contractors located abroad needing to be paid? Was the transfer fast and inexpensive, or was it clunky and pricey?
In an increasingly interconnected world, International money transfer has a crucial role to play. On this episode, we explore the ins and outs of it all with help from our guest, Nicholas Lembo. Nick is Head of Americas Growth at TransferWise, which provides online money transfer services for people located all over the globe.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- How international money transfer has worked traditionally, and why it can be costly and slow.
- The story behind TransferWise, and how they’re able to help individuals and businesses transfer money internationally more quickly and cheaply.
- What some of the keys to growing any fintech or payments business successfully are.
- Nick’s thoughts on the present and future of international money transfer, payments, and beyond.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Nicholas Lembo: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with TransferWise: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: TransferWise
TransferWise is a global technology company, building the best way to move money around the world. Whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, TransferWise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
Co-founded by Taavet Hinrikus and Kristo Käärmann, TransferWise launched in 2011. It is one of the world’s fastest growing tech firms having raised $689m in primary and secondary funding from investors such as Lead Edge, Lone Pine, Vitruvian, IVP, Merian Global Investors, Andreessen Horowitz, Sir Richard Branson, Valar Ventures and Max Levchin of PayPal.
Over seven million people use TransferWise, which processes over $5bn in payments every month, saving customers over $1bn a year.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Global Digital Asset Remittence with Sam Buxton of Digital Asset Management Limited July 3, 2020
- Career Growth and Fintech Study with Dr. Theodore H. K. Clark of HKUST June 30, 2020
- Bankruptcy Alternatives 101 with Travis Siflinger of FluxCredit June 26, 2020
- Integrated Payments for SaaS Businesses with Chris Connor of Payrix June 20, 2020
- Exploring Installment Payments with Brad Paterson of SplitIt June 16, 2020