The full impact of Covid-19 and related shutdowns on business and the finance industry has yet to be realized. However, two finance industry areas that are being impacted in a significant way are P2P Lending, and banking.
On this episode we turn our attention again to Europe as we explore the impact across a number of countries and industries. Our expert guest helping break it all down is Alison Harwood, head of the London Branch at Varengold Bank. Alison is an alternative finance professional, who specializes in alternative lending and structured credit solutions in the FinTech sector.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Varengold Bank, and what industries they tend to serve.
- What challenges businesses across multiple sectors are facing in the wake of Covid-19.
- How Covid-19 response, particularly government programs, will continue to impact the P2P lending space.
- What may change with banking post Covid-19, and where the future of fintech is headed.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Alison Harwood: LinkedIn
- Connect with Varengold Bank: LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Varengold Bank
Varengold Bank is a German financial institution founded in 1995 and granted a full banking license in 2013. In addition to its head office in Hamburg, the bank has presences in London and Sofia. Core business areas are Marketplace Banking and Commercial Banking.
Within Marketplace Banking, the focus is on the cooperation with European FinTechs, especially lending platforms. Varengold Bank’s service portfolio includes Funding, Debt and Equity Capital Markets products, Fronting Services for products subject to banking license requirements and International Payment Services. The Board of Managing Directors consists of Dr. Bernhard Fuhrmann and Frank Otten, who – together with an approx. 80-strong international team – continuously help to drive the modernization of the finance sector. Varengold Bank is registered with the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) under 109 520 and its shares (ISIN: DE0005479307) have been listed on the Open Market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since 2007.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Global Digital Asset Remittence with Sam Buxton of Digital Asset Management Limited July 3, 2020
- Career Growth and Fintech Study with Dr. Theodore H. K. Clark of HKUST June 30, 2020
- Bankruptcy Alternatives 101 with Travis Siflinger of FluxCredit June 26, 2020
- Integrated Payments for SaaS Businesses with Chris Connor of Payrix June 20, 2020
- Exploring Installment Payments with Brad Paterson of SplitIt June 16, 2020