What is the best way to advance a career in business? What’s the value of an education in fintech?
On this episode, Dr. Theodore “Ted” H. K. Clark of The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) joins us to offer his insight on why education can be instrumental in career growth. Ted also outlines the importance of the fintech industry, and why developing technological skills (e.g., programming) can be an asset to any career.
Listen in to learn some key insights from an educator at one of the world’s renowned universities!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Ted’s career story, and why following entrepreneurial and educational pursuits has been instrumental to his success.
- Why studying any subject, including fintech, matters.
- What the biggest challenges those leaning fintech will fast are, and how they can be overcome.
- Ted’s thoughts on fintech today, and what the future holds.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Dr. Theodore H. K. Clark: CV
- Connect with The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: FluxCredit
“The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a public research university in Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong. Founded in 1991 by the British Hong Kong Government, it was the territory’s third institution to be granted university status.
HKUST is commonly regarded as one of the fastest growing universities in the world. In 2019, the university was ranked seventh in Asia by QS and third by The Times, and around top 40 internationally. It was ranked 27th in the world and second in Hong Kong by QS 2021 . It also ranked first in Times Higher Education Young University Rankings in 2019 and second by QS world’s under-50 universities in 2020.”
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- SaaS Solutions for Growing ISOs with Kevin Smith of Pioneer November 23, 2020
- Enabling Merchants to Accept Cryptocurrency Payments with Bill Zielke of BitPay November 18, 2020
- Personal Finance Technology and Entrepreneurship with Henry Daas of DaasKnowledge November 16, 2020
- Ecommerce Financing Innovation with Aidan Corbett of Wayflyer November 9, 2020
- Sales Technology and Strategies with Chris Beall of ConnectAndSell October 31, 2020