Financial technology continues to transform and impact many companies around the world, including those that are publicly traded…
On this episode, we focus on fintechs from a market and investment perspective both currently and where it all is headed.
Our guest is William Rhind, founder of GraniteShares, an independent exchange-traded fund built for investors seeking simple, cost-effective access to differentiated investments.
William has built and managed businesses in the ETF market for nearly his entire career, and previously was the CEO of World Gold Trust Services, which is the largest commodity fund in the world. Listen in for his unique insight!
Please note that anything discussed on this episode does not constitute, and should not be construed as professional investment advice or specific recommendations. Please consult with your financial advisor or planner before investing in anything.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Will’s view on the fintech landscape from a high level market perspective.
- How FAANG stock companies (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Alphabet) are finding growth on the back of fintech pursuits.
- How Covid-19 has impacted fintech companies both positively and negatively.
- Will’s perspective on bitcoin, investing, and what we can expect in the fintech world going forward.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with William “Will” Rhind: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with GraniteShares: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: GraniteShares
GraniteShares is an entrepreneurial ETF provider focused on providing innovative, cutting-edge alternative investment solutions. It was founded in 2016 by William “Will” Rhind, a well-known figure in the ETF industry, with backing from Bain Capital Ventures and other leading ETF investors. GraniteShares listed its first ETF in the United States in 2017 and its U.S. ETF offerings include a broad-based commodity index fund, physically backed gold and platinum funds, a high-income pass through securities index fund and a large cap U.S. equity index fund that seeks to identify and remove stocks that are “losers” rather than trying to identify “winners”.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- The Online Lending Landscape for eCommerce SMEs with Keith Smith of Payability September 11, 2020
- Empowering Women Via Financial Education with Anastasia Soloveva of Athena September 7, 2020
- Palm Print ID Tech Applications with Hua Yang of Redrock Biometrics August 31, 2020
- Data Security in Payments with Mahmoud Abdelkader of Very Good Security August 28, 2020
- Market Perspectives on Fintechs with William Rhind of GraniteShares August 27, 2020