New ID technologies, particularly in biometrics, will continue to shape the way we interact with businesses, banks, and beyond. This episode focuses on one revolutionary technology… palm-print biometrics.
Our guest is Hua Yang, Co-founder of a biometric tech company called Redrock Biometrics. Redrock offers a technology called PalmID, an accurate and secure authentication solution.
With a simple wave of your hand you can pay bills, make deposits, and transfer money from nearly any ATM, computer or mobile device. And, once you enroll on one device, you are automatically enrolled on all other devices with the solution installed.
Listen in as Hua shares the story behind this technology, and its applications to the fintech world.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Why utilizing the whole palm is better for identification than other biometric methods.
- How PalmID works with various industries, including banking… and what the adoption trajectory looks like.
- How Hua and Redrock balance developing new ID technologies while protecting privacy and security.
- Hua’s thoughts on biometric technology, payments, and fintech.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Hua Yang: LinkedIn
- Connect with Redrock Biometrics: LinkedIn | YouTube
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Redrock Biometrics
Redrock Biometrics, Inc. is the creator of PalmID, a patented palm-print based authentication software development kit and platform. PalmID is the first commercially-available solution combining high-performance, secure, contactless and affordable biometrics for virtually any device with a camera. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Partners include Epson, Mastercard, Samsung and Wells Fargo.
To learn more about Redrock Biometrics or request a demo visit: www.redrockbiometrics.com.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Open Banking and APIs with Eyal Sivan of Axway May 5, 2021
- Combating Chargeback Fraud with Ron Hynes of Vesta April 30, 2021
- Financial Empowerment Through Technology with Richard Liu of Earnin April 28, 2021
- Making Payments With Gold Featuring David Dorr of Coro April 22, 2021
- What Millennials Want From Their Banks with Wayne Busch and Michael Goodman of NTT DATA Services April 20, 2021