The payments world has a crucial role to play when it comes to security… especially data security. However, with notable breaches and lapses happening every year, many question if we need to re-think data security.
Our guest today is Mahmoud Abdelkader, Co-Founder and CEO of Very Good Security, a company working to transform how organizations, including those in payments, interact with consumer data.
Listen in as Mahmoud breaks down the ins and outs of data security, and how VGS upends traditional approaches.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Very Good Security, and how they think about Data Security differently.
- What the benefits of not storing data are for payments businesses and others.
- How VGS approaches partnerships, and some keys for those wanting to partner with established payments and finance organizations.
- Mahmoud’s perspective on security, payments, business, and technology.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Mahmoud Abdelkader: LinkedIn
- Connect with Very Good Security: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Very Good Security
Very Good Security (VGS) is a leading data security company providing a developer-friendly platform to help businesses use sensitive data without the cost or liability of securing the data themselves. VGS provides specialized infrastructure to act as a custodian for sensitive data, improving security while also accelerating business growth. Founded in 2016 by Mahmoud Abdelkader and Marshall Jones, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit their website.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- SaaS Solutions for Growing ISOs with Kevin Smith of Pioneer November 23, 2020
- Enabling Merchants to Accept Cryptocurrency Payments with Bill Zielke of BitPay November 18, 2020
- Personal Finance Technology and Entrepreneurship with Henry Daas of DaasKnowledge November 16, 2020
- Ecommerce Financing Innovation with Aidan Corbett of Wayflyer November 9, 2020
- Sales Technology and Strategies with Chris Beall of ConnectAndSell October 31, 2020