Fintech impacts so many industries and has helped foster the development and growth of many businesses that utilize it. The investment world is perhaps among the most robust, with even real estate investment impacted by tech.
Our guest sharing his company’s story and offering insight on the subject is Paul Birkett, CEO of Automation Holdings LLC, which runs Automation Finance.
Automation Finance is an investment platform that raises capital directly from individual investors to buy deeply distressed residential mortgages at a discount to their face value. They then work with the borrowers to craft a solution to their distress.
Listen in to discover how Paul and his team are changing how we view real estate investment, and what role technology plays.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Automation Finance, and why helping homeowners struggling with mortgage payments is core to their mission.
- How Automation Finance utilizes technology for their day-to-day operations.
- What fintech can offer real estate investors, and the industry as a whole.
- Paul Birkett’s view on the future of financial technology and real estate, as well as how Covid-19 has affected it all.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Paul Birkett: LinkedIn
- Connect with Automation Finance: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Automation Finance
“Automation Finance is an investment platform. We raise capital directly from individual investors to buy deeply distressed residential mortgages at a discount to their face value. We then work with the borrowers to craft a solution to their distress.
After the global financial collapse in 2008, millions of homeowners suffered financial distress, with many falling behind on their mortgage payments and their lenders were unable or unwilling to help them.
This is where AF steps in. We buy these deeply distressed mortgages at a discount and work with the borrowers to avoid foreclosure and the loss of their homes. Our goal is find a new lower payment that every borrower can afford. Once this restructure process is complete, we can hold the loan, or sell it at a profit.”
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Exploring Crypto Trading Platforms with Daniel Gunsberg of Hxro: Ep 132 October 25, 2020
- Subscription-Based Businesses and Payments with Nick Fredrick of Rebar Technology October 19, 2020
- The Power of APIs with Dov Marmor of Railsbank October 15, 2020
- The COVID-19 Impact on Payments and eCommerce with James Booth of PPRO October 9, 2020
- Real Estate Investment and Fintech with Paul Birkett of Automation Finance September 30, 2020