This episode focuses on two crucial topics: eCommerce and online lending. Before covid-19, the ecommerce and online lending landscapes were changing. Now these changes are even more pronounced as many eCommerce SMEs have felt significant impacts.
Helping us explore this is our expert guest, Keith Smith. Keith is co-Founder, and CEO of Payability. Keith spent the initial few years of his career working as an analyst at a few financial institutions before founding CyberMortgage and then Zango. Keith was most recently co-Founder and CEO of BigDoor, which provides loyalty programs to large consumer brands, including; NFL, MLB, CBS, Viacom, and Starbucks. A successful entrepreneur, Keith regularly lends his time to early-stage startups via TechStars and also serves as an advisor, investor and board member for multiple tech startups.
Listen in for Keith’s tremendous insight into online lending and ecommerce!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Payability, and where they fit into the fintech landscape.
- How SMEs and online lenders have been impacted by and responded to Covid-19.
- What M&A activity around companies like OnDeck and Kabbage says about the current conditions for SME lending.
- How large marketplaces like Amazon and Shopify offering lending options to SMEs will impact other fintechs in the industry..
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Keith Smith: LinkedIn
- Connect with Payability: LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Payability
Payability is the leading funding platform for eCommerce businesses, providing much-needed growth capital to thousands of seller-entrepreneurs based on their marketplace sales. Payability empowers eCommerce marketplace sellers with flexible funding and tailored cash flow solutions. Since its founding in 2015, Payability has helped thousands of marketplace sellers scale their businesses by providing over $2.5 billion in funding.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Merchant Processing Lending with Jorge Sun of LendingFront February 23, 2021
- International Payments and Liquidity with Khawar Ali of KFX Services February 18, 2021
- Property Management Solutions for DIY Landlords with Eachan Fletcher of NestEgg February 15, 2021
- Education and Innovation in Fintech with Dr. Stephen Taylor of NJIT February 8, 2021
- Financial Crime and Regulatory Compliance in 2021 with Charlie Delingpole of ComplyAdvantage January 29, 2021