When was the last time you bought or sold a car? How did the process go? Was it smooth, or could it have been easier?
Technology, and financial technology in particular, is transforming many industries. The automobile industry is no exception, and it’s the topic of this PayPod episode.
Our guest is Toby Russell, who is Co-CEO of Shift. Shift is an e-commerce startup on a mission to change the car-buying and selling industry. Their goal is to transform this burdensome life event into a delightful experience, bringing trust and simplicity to the peer-to-peer used car market.
Listen in as Toby shares the Shift story, and how they are leveraging technology.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- The story behind Shift, and why car buying and selling was ripe for innovation.
- How Shift leverages technology to help sellers and buyers connect, find great deals, and even work out financing.
- What payments options Shift offers for those buying cars on their platform.
- What the future of the car buying and selling industry may be… as well as Shift’s potential role within it.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Toby Russell: LinkedIn
- Connect with Shift: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Shift
Shift is a leading end-to-end auto ecommerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Shift’s mission is to make car purchase and ownership simple — to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. Shift provides comprehensive, digital solutions throughout the car ownership lifecycle: finding the right car, having a test drive brought to you before buying the car, a seamless digitally-driven purchase transaction including financing and vehicle protection products, an efficient, digital trade-in/sale transaction, and a vision to provide high-value support services during car ownership.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Exploring Crypto Trading Platforms with Daniel Gunsberg of Hxro: Ep 132 October 25, 2020
- Subscription-Based Businesses and Payments with Nick Fredrick of Rebar Technology October 19, 2020
- The Power of APIs with Dov Marmor of Railsbank October 15, 2020
- The COVID-19 Impact on Payments and eCommerce with James Booth of PPRO October 9, 2020
- Real Estate Investment and Fintech with Paul Birkett of Automation Finance September 30, 2020