The impact of Covid-19 on the payments and eCommerce industries is significant, and could have long lasting effects. On this episode, we dive into what the present and future may hold.
Helping us explore this is our guest, James Booth, VP Head of Partnerships, EMEA at PPRO. PPRO is the world’s leading local payments platform, removing the complexity of domestic and cross-border payments for top-tier financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants.
James Booth has over ten years of experience in the financial sector, eight of those in fintech. In his current role, he leads the new business and partner development teams in managing PPRO’s new and existing strategic partnerships. He also acts as PPRO’s internal advocate for aligning the company’s product roadmap with the needs of its customers.
PPRO also recently put together a white paper about this very topic, so we have an excellent insider’s view to explore.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- How PPRO fits into the larger payments ecosystem as an infrastructure provider.
- The story behind their Covid-19 payments impact whitepaper, and some of the key insights.
- What unique challenges, and opportunities, ecommerce businesses and the payments organizations that support them are facing.
- James Booth’s view on the future of payments, fintech, and where PPRO is headed next.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with James Booth: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with PPRO: LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: PPRO
Leading local payments platform, PPRO, removes the complexity of cross-border and domestic digital payments by acquiring, collecting and processing an extensive range of local payments methods for Payment Service Providers under one contract, through one platform and one single integration. PPRO supports local payment methods across more than 100 countries, allowing Payment Service Providers to expand their merchants’ consumer reach, arrange hassle-free collection and achieve higher conversion rates. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in London, PPRO is global financial institute with an e-money license issued by the British regulatory body FCA. For more information, please visit www.ppro.com.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Exploring Crypto Trading Platforms with Daniel Gunsberg of Hxro: Ep 132 October 25, 2020
- Subscription-Based Businesses and Payments with Nick Fredrick of Rebar Technology October 19, 2020
- The Power of APIs with Dov Marmor of Railsbank October 15, 2020
- The COVID-19 Impact on Payments and eCommerce with James Booth of PPRO October 9, 2020
- Real Estate Investment and Fintech with Paul Birkett of Automation Finance September 30, 2020