As cryptocurrencies continue to see usage increases in mainstream commerce, the need for merchant payments solutions also grows.
On this episode, we explore the mechanisms that enable merchants to accept crypto as payment. Offering insight is our podcast guest Bill Zielke. Bill is the CMO of BitPay, the world’s first and most experienced platform for bitcoin payments. They enable their customers to spend, accept payments, and build with Bitcoin.
Coming from a company on the cutting edge of crypto payments makes Bill the perfect guest to discuss this with… listen in for his tremendous insight:
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- What the opportunity is for merchants who expand beyond credit cards to accept alternative payments like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- How a merchant gets signed up for Bitpay, and why Bitpay doesn’t require merchants actually hold their cryptocurrency.
- Why crypto skepticism from traditional financial spaces is understandable, but ultimately being addressed with creative solutions.
- Bill Zielke’s view on the future of payments, fintech, and where BitPay is headed next.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Bill Zielke: LinkedIn
- Connect with BitPay: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: BitPay
“Founded in 2011, BitPay pioneered blockchain payment processing with the mission of transforming how businesses and people send, receive, and store money. Its business solutions eliminate fraud chargebacks, reduce the cost of payment processing, and enable borderless payments in cryptocurrency, among other services. BitPay offers consumers a complete digital asset management solution that includes the BitPay Wallet and BitPay Prepaid Card, enabling them to turn digital assets into dollars for spending at tens of thousands of businesses. The company has offices in North America, Europe, and South America and has raised more than $70 million in funding from leading investment firms including Founders Fund, Index Ventures, Virgin Group, and Aquiline Technology Growth.”
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Merchant Processing Lending with Jorge Sun of LendingFront February 23, 2021
- International Payments and Liquidity with Khawar Ali of KFX Services February 18, 2021
- Property Management Solutions for DIY Landlords with Eachan Fletcher of NestEgg February 15, 2021
- Education and Innovation in Fintech with Dr. Stephen Taylor of NJIT February 8, 2021
- Financial Crime and Regulatory Compliance in 2021 with Charlie Delingpole of ComplyAdvantage January 29, 2021