Payments and fintech are industries full of exciting startups. Whether it’s a new finance app, a new business built around cryptocurrencies, a new way of approaching payments, or just something that disrupts traditional finance… there’s a lot of innovation happening.
But what’s the roadmap for launching and growing a successful fintech? On this show, we look at entrepreneurship and success in tech startups by discussing exactly what those who have founded and grown successful startups do so well.
Our guest providing unique insight on this is Shawn Livermore. Shawn has been in the tech industry for two decades, and has been a software engineer, consultant, and a tech startup founder. He’s distilled much of the knowledge and insights he’s gathered in a book called Average Joe: Be the Silicon Valley Tech Genius.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- What the “myth” of the tech genius is, and how startup founders can harness it.
- How to develop a tech product that people actually want.
- How to attract investors to your startup and set yourself up for success..
- The keys to successful growth hacking, and what Shawn sees in the future for tech startups.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Shawn Livermore: LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
- Get the Book: Amazon
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments & Fintech Spotlight: Average Joe: Be the Silicon Valley Tech Genius
“How did some tech founders create breakthrough products and grow their startups into household names? How did one tech entrepreneur convince an investor in a brief car ride to sign a term sheet for 4 billion dollars? They are tech geniuses—software programmers and startup founders with a magic touch and a special mystique. They capture the imagination of our media, as they turn simple ideas into highly profitable, billion-dollar businesses. But the tech genius is not exactly what you might think. Average Joe dispels the myth of the tech genius, explaining how these clever nerds work their wonders. But in a surprising twist, it also helps anyone become the myth themselves. Using new concepts and tools like the Slow Create Framework, the Mindless Work LADDER, and Sustainable Mystique, anyone can up their game and go from average Joe to tech genius.”
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Management Tools for Expenses and AP with Rajeev Subramanyam of Emburse January 15, 2021
- Construction Finance 101 with Christopher Doyle of Billd January 8, 2021
- Emotion AI and Banking with Rana Gujral of Behavioral Signals December 31, 2020
- Applying AI to Merchant Services with Adrian Talapan of Fee Navigator December 28, 2020
- Content Marketing Strategies in Finance with Shindy Chen of Scribe December 21, 2020