For any financial organization, whether it’s a bank, payments business, fintech, or otherwise… KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations, and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) regulations can influence it significantly. This can sometimes be in a negative way in the form of fines and other fallout from failing to meet standards.
On this episode we take a look at the ins and outs of KYC, as well as AML, with the help of Ian Henderson. Ian is the CEO of Kyckr, a global business register that helps with know your customer processes for anti-money laundering regulations.
Ian has more than 30 years’ executive experience in the banking and financial services sectors, and leads the growth of Kyckr as the global source for company intelligence, providing clients with real time access to data to meet regulatory requirements. Listen below for key perspectives on AML and KYC!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- What the landscape for KYC and AML looks like today, and what kinds of fines have been handed out.
- What some of the biggest challenges institutions face when navigating AML and KYC compliance.
- The story behind Kyckr, and how they help financial organizations avoid regulatory pitfalls.
- Where financial crime sits in the early goings of 2021.
- Ian’s thoughts on the present and future of fintech and the regulatory landscape.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Ian Henderson: LinkedIn
- Connect with Kyckr: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Kyckr
Kyckr offers global company intelligence from legally authoritative and compliant sources. It connects to over 180 company registries globally, across 120 countries and more than 170+ million legal entities. Its products and services use technology to help organisations through regulatory, Know Your Customer (KYC) and compliance challenges.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Leadership Insights for Technology Executives with Jahn Karsybaev of MyBasePay April 13, 2021
- Credit Union Growth Strategies with Kirk Drake of CU 2.0 April 6, 2021
- Exploring KYC and AML with Ian Henderson of Kyckr March 31, 2021
- The Payments Landscape in India with Nitya Sharma of Simpl March 26, 2021
- The Future of Payment Technology with Patricia Montesi of Qolo March 24, 2021