There’s a whole WORLD of payments out there, and every country has its own unique wrinkles, challenges, and opportunities in the payments industry.
On this show our focus zeroes in on a country whose payments landscape presents tremendous opportunity… India.
Our guest offering unique insights is Nitya Sharma, Co-Founder and CEO of Simpl. Simpl ( Google Play | App Store) is India’s fastest growing Buy Now Pay Later platform, which uses Machine Learning & AI to offer a quick, secure and hassle-free payment experience to its users.
Nitya has successfully established Simpl as one of the leading players in the ‘pay later’ space with a network of 2500+ merchants including – Zomato, Dunzo, BigBasket, 1mg, Rapido, Quick Ride, Furlenco, etc. Listen along as he walks Scott through the payments landscape in India!
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Why India presents so much business opportunity for payments and fintech organizations.
- The story behind Simpl, including Nitya’s “a ha” moment which lead to its creation.
- What Khata is and how that is key to Simpl’s success in India
- How Simpl has been able to achieve such tremendous growth and impressive stats like 0% transaction failure rates.
- Nitya’s thoughts on the present and future of payments in India and around the world.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Nitya Sharma: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Simpl: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Simpl
Simpl is a mobile-first payment platform that empowers merchants to build trusted relationships with their customers one transaction at a time through one-click checkout, personalized PoS credit, and intelligent loyalty rewards.
Simpl provides its users:
- Buy Now Pay Later
- One-click checkout (no OTP required)
- Full buyer protection and instant chargebacks
- One bill for all purchases
- Payment for utilities via BillBox
Simpl provides its merchants:
- Higher cart conversion (99% payment success rate)
- Increased basket size
- Loyalty & Retention
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Leadership Insights for Technology Executives with Jahn Karsybaev of MyBasePay April 13, 2021
- Credit Union Growth Strategies with Kirk Drake of CU 2.0 April 6, 2021
- Exploring KYC and AML with Ian Henderson of Kyckr March 31, 2021
- The Payments Landscape in India with Nitya Sharma of Simpl March 26, 2021
- The Future of Payment Technology with Patricia Montesi of Qolo March 24, 2021