It’s no secret that the payments and fintech industry offers huge opportunities for businesses, founders, and employees. Many of these opportunities come in the form of mergers, acquisitions, and even IPOs.
On this episode, Lawrence Lee, partner with the Baker McKenzie law firm, joins to discuss all things M&As in the fintech world. Lawrence was also a formerly in-house counsel for the digital currency exchange Coinbase, and has a tremendous amount of knowledge to share on the landscape.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Why M&As are so crucial in the worlds of payments and fintech.
- What the current M&A landscape looks like, and what company movements are making a significant impact.
- Lawrence’s thoughts on the cryptocurrency landscape, partially through the lens of his time as Coinbase’s in-house counsel.
- Why talent and expertise offer significant benefits in mergers and acquisitions that can even bring more value than pure financial considerations.
- Lawrence’s thoughts on the future of payments and fintech, including M&A activity.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Lawrence Lee: LinkedIn
- Connect with Baker McKenzie: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Show Hub
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Baker McKenzie
“Helping clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy through a new type of thinking and a different mindset.
We understand that in a rapidly changing legal market, clients have new expectations, constantly evolving choices and operate in an environment of heightened reputational and commercial risk. Our strength is our ability to solve complex legal problems by collaborating across borders and practice areas, using transformative technology and dealing with people with empathy.
We are The New Lawyers.”
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- The Money Habits of Gen Z and Gen Alpha With Dean Brauer of gohenry June 17, 2021
- Optimizing Credit Card Spending with John Taylor Garner of Card Curator June 15, 2021
- Global Payroll Management with Fidelma McGuirk of Payslip June 9, 2021
- Meeting Digital Banking Needs with Eric Solis of MovoCash May 31, 2021
- Extended Warranties and eCommerce With Woody Levin of Extend May 26, 2021