Optimizing Credit Card Spending with John Taylor Garner of Card Curator
It’s well known that credit card rewards can enable cheaper flights, hotel upgrades, and more… but it can be difficult to maximize these benefits. While some individuals are able to optimize their credit card usage, it takes a lot of time, research, and effort to get it right.
What if there was an app that leveraged technology to enable credit card reward maximization? On this episode, John Taylor Garner joins the show to discuss the company he founded, Card Curator ( App Store | Google Play), which does just that. Listen along for his unique insights into optimizing credit card spend to receive the largest rewards.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode
- Why not optimizing credit card spend leaves so many rewards and opportunities on the table.
- The story behind Card Curator, and how it helps individuals maximize benefits from credit card rewards.
- How Card Curator’s business model works, and they’re able to maintain objectivity by not partnering with card issuers.
- The keys to “breaking through the noise” with a new fintech offering.
- Taylor’s thoughts on the future of credit card reqards, payments, and fintech.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with John Taylor Garner: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with Card Curator: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Show Hub
Card Curator is a credit card spending optimization tool that employs a proprietary algorithm to earn users an average of $4,000 per year. Taking a technology-driven, unbiased approach to helping customers earn free travel and up to five times the cash back they earn via their average monthly card spending, Card Curator’s mission is to be a trusted resource for the two-thirds of Americans who don’t understand, or don’t have the time or inclination to constantly monitor their credit card benefits. Card curator is available as both an iOS and android app, offering a “freemium” version, and a premium version priced at $5.99 per month.
Card Curator was conceived by John Taylor Garner, a former Wall Street volatility trader and credit cards rewards program expert. The app is targeted to young professionals who earn an average of $100,000 per year. The company’s algorithmic engine, CardArbTM, generates 5-10% or more in risk-free earnings and on users’ everyday spending by recommending the right cards at the right time. As a result, the average person spending $50,000 per year on credit or debit cards could earn up to $5,000 on their current spending.
Unlike current credit card rewards program expertise offered via websites, blogs and influencers, Card Curator is a completely objective source of card data and recommendations. Card Curator doesn’t partner with any credit card issuers, and unlike other “experts,” doesn’t receive payment for referrals, applications and/or activations of credit cards. Credit card rewards apps currently on the market simply compile and report user history. Card Curator helps customers meet their travel, points, and cash back goals by continually analyzing their credit cards and making recommendations tailored to their needs.