Cryptocurrencies and the democratization of finance offers a tremendous amount of promise… particularly for those in under-resourced communities. But what will it take to truly deliver on it? Sheldon Gilbert, tech entrepreneur and founder of Proclivity Systems as well as Kura Labs, which matches college students and recent graduates with high-demand, high-paying jobs, joins the show to discuss.
Payments & Fintech Insights In This Episode:
- Why it’s important for anyone, including those underserved in the financial world, to understand blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and their potential benefits.
- What blockchain really is, in Sheldon’s own words.
- The story behind Kura Labs and how it helps educate and empower individuals in the fintech space.
- What the most significant potential benefits of DeFi really are for those who are unbanked or otherwise underserved from a finance or payments perspective.
- Sheldon’s thoughts on the future of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and beyond.
- With so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Sheldon Gilbert: LinkedIn
- Connect with Kura Labs: LinkedIn
- Connect with the Show: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Show Hub
Payments and Fintech Spotlight: Kura Labs
Kura Labs is a free training and job placement academy for Infrastructure Computing, DevOps, and SRE positions. We see the exploding workforce demand for DevOps/SRE and Infrastructure Computing engineers as a unique opportunity to build talent pipelines from underserved communities as a gateway to economic equality. We provide valuable “hands-on“ immersive training, led by industry experts, in building solutions to real-world commercial challenges in automated code deployment, optimizing micro-services, and configuring serverless architectures and infrastructure as code.
Working to increase economic mobility in under-resourced communities, Kura Labs matches college students and recent graduates with high-demand, high-paying jobs with an ultimate goal of filling 10,000 positions and generating $1.5B in wages in 10 years.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to other recent episodes of PayPod: The Payments and Fintech Podcast below:
- Bitcoin Kiosks With Neil Bergquist Of Coinme July 22, 2021
- Delivering On Crypto’s Democratization Promise With Sheldon Gilbert Of Kura Labs July 19, 2021
- The Keys To Credit Union Success With Dr. David Tuyo Of UCU July 13, 2021
- DeFi And Digital Banking With Jason Blick of EQIBank July 8, 2021
- Securing Digital Customer Journeys With Sameer Hajarnis of OneSpan June 30, 2021