High Risk Merchant Accounts For WooCommerce
Get A High Risk Merchant Account That Seamlessly Integrates With Your WooCommerce Store.
WooCommerce is a popular ecommerce plugin for WordPress. The plugin is essentially a platform that allows small and mid-sized businesses to sell products online, in a simplified way that integrates with the WordPress CMS. WooCommerce was launched in 2011, and was acquired in 2015 by Automattic.com
Why Do Some WooCommerce Users Need A High Risk Merchant Account?
WooCommerce users sometimes need an alternative credit card processing solution (rather than Stripe, Square, PayPal, etc.) for one of the following reasons:
- Industry Is High Risk
Your WooCommerce store sells some products within industries that “mainstream” merchant account providers such as Stripe and Square categorize as “high risk.” This categorization is up to these providers’ discretion (and may change over time), but in general, a “high risk” categorization may encompass industries such as supplements & nutraceuticals, vape products, travel, etc.
- Previous Chargebacks
Your previous merchant account received multiple chargebacks within a relatively small sample size of orders. Depending on your WooCommerce store order volume, even two or three chargebacks within a month could trigger an automated or manual review of your merchant account.
Why Do So Many WooCommerce Users Choose Soar Payments For Their Credit Card Processing?
- Soar Payments specializes in merchant accounts for high risk and hard to place businesses. So your unique ecommerce business can get approved and processing “ASAP.”
- It’s easy to integrate a Soar Payments merchant account with your WooCommerce store. The process takes about five minutes (and we can even walk you through it!)
- You will automatically receive our Industry Minimum Pricing (even if your business operates in a high risk industry). Get simple, transparent pricing (and no hidden fees).
Our friendly Customer Support Team is standing by to approve your application
Questions? (888) 225-9405
How To Integrate A New Merchant Account With Your WooCommerce Store
WooCommerce offers several integrated payment solutions, which they refer to as “core payment gateways”. These include PayPal Standard, Stripe, PayPal Powered by Braintree, Klarna Payments, and others. But merchants who are categorized as “high risk” (and therefore rejected) by Stripe, PayPal, etc. will need to refer to the “premium” payment gateway extensions that WooCommerce offers. Soar Payments offers eCommerce merchants the option of choosing from either Authorize.net, NMI, or USAePay as their payment gateway, each of which seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce via a “premium” payment gateway extension.
Once you have been approved for a high risk merchant account by Soar Payments, you will automatically be given a login to your preferred payment gateway, Authorize.net, NMI, or USAePay in your Welcome Email. You can then integrate your Soar Payments merchant account directly into WooCommerce, using the payment gateway login that send to you in your Welcome Email, via the relevant “premium” payment gateway extension from WooCommerce, and the instructions below:
- Install and Activate the Authorize.net Payment Gateway For WooCommerce plugin
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> Authorize.net Payment Gateway. Enter the API details (Login ID, Transaction Key)
- Configure the other elements as desired (Title, Description, Transaction Success Message, Transaction Failure Message, etc.).
- Install and Activate the Network Merchants Payment Gateway for WooCommerce plugin
- >Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> Network Merchants (NMI) Payment Gateway.
- Provide the gateway username and password provided to you by Soar Payments, as well as credit cards you want to accept.
- Install and Activate the USAePay Payment Gateway For WooCommerce plugin
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> USAePay Payment Gateway. Enter the API details (Login ID, Transaction Key)
- Configure the other elements as desired (Name, PIN, Payment Methods, Receipt Message, etc.).
WooCommerce Resources For High Risk Merchants
Here are some resources you may find helpful if your business uses the WooCommerce ecommerce platform, and you’ve been categorized as “high risk.”
WooCommerce “Core” Payment Options: Includes PayPal Standard, Stripe, PayPal Powered by Braintree, and Klarna Payments.
WooCommerce “Premium” Payment Gateway Extensions: Includes Square, Authorize.net AIM, FirstData, Worldpay, and many more.
Which Payment Option is Right for Me?: In-depth guide @ Docs.WooCommerce.com.
How Does The Application Process Work?
- Apply Online
Complete the online application process (it takes 5 minutes). Get Started
- Get An Instant Quote
You’ll instantly receive a quote with Industry Minimum Pricing to DocuSign.
- Start Accepting Payments
Our Houston, Texas based Customer Support Team will help you get set up. We’ll make it fast and easy.
The latest happenings in the worlds of payments and fintech impact all kinds of businesses and industries. If you want to offer your customers the best experience around payments, or just want to learn about financial services that could help your business... PayPod: The Payments And Fintech Podcast has you covered!
Each episode, you’ll hear an interview directly with a leader from the payments and fintech industries. We talk with fintech entrepreneurs, security experts, mobile developers, eCommerce pros, and more…
From credit card processing to bitcoin… from retail POS systems to cutting edge digital payments tech… merchant accounts and mobile checkout… we cover it all!
Our podcast explores the fast-changing world of payments and fintech through interviews with thought leaders around the world. From credit card processing to bitcoin, and digital banks to finance software… we cover it all!